Sunday, August 5, 2012

Junkee Clothing Exchange...


Well, I didn't spend all of my time at convention in Reno. I headed down Virginia St to Junkee Clothing Exchange. Virginia St has a hip arts district with great restaurants and shopping.


Saying Junkee Clothing Exchange is eclectic is an understatement. As a creative person, the minute you open the door, you know you are in the right place....


Think backstage theatre costume department mixed with a little taxidermy and "goodwill" atmosphere.

There are shoes, clothing and props in every corner.


Halloween would be a breeze in this place!


Perceptual overload is at every turn, taxidermy, movie posters, feathers, feathers, feathers!


...and a gas mask or two.


And just when you think it can't get any better, your eyes turn towards the large sign hanging from the ceiling...


COSTUMES!


Lion King? Big Bird?


This one was from a Shakespeare play with the character name written in the vest.


...a little burlesque perhaps?

After all the frenzy, I came away with a United Airways sweater(nifty!), a mink stole and a fabulous kimono(yes it's that fabulous!) 

4 comments:

Karena said...

Theresa what a very cool place. Amazing; I could spend hours there! I hope you will show us your Kimono!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
2012 Artist Series

Mark D. Ruffner said...

Yes, I hope you show us the kimono — with you in it! I'm guessing they might have had some Victorian costumes — that's what I would have gone for, or maybe a Shakespearean shirt ...

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST:)
Your blog is so wonderful..I asked you a while ago if you have twitter or fb??

If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration..check out my blog:)

Have a great week dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(sweden)

Kathy Bradshaw said...

What a fantastic shop I would browse for hours and hours. Stop by to visit sometime your always welcome. http://www.southernmadeintheshade.blogspot.com New Follower in Austin TX.

Related Posts with Thumbnails