Friday, July 2, 2010

To Market..To Market....Trends 2010

..

I made a quick trip to Dallas Monday to see what trends were emerging for the next year.....as you can see vintage linens with european influenced graphic logos are still very strong. This display was just inside the World Trade Center by the registration desk.


This was the home and gift show for summer 2010...



There are 13 floors open to the trade with offices on the top floors above them.....

Did I mention vintage and stenciling? Peacock Park Design featured antique washes  on wicker and wood combined with French influenced labels and insignia....


Lots of linen with aged, european logos and graphics...


Look at these fabulous floor mats! Font styles cover this one while others had French wine labels and motifs...


Cool blues and watery greens are still strong!


Decorative panels mimicking the patina of vintage screens and backdrops.....




Richard Urban of Exclusive Treasures has been a friend for years...I usually stop and buy iconographic art done in Peru that he represents....


He has giclees and original oil paintings along with other iconography...

Graphic Indian prints are still strong as well! I love this purse made from strips of batik and hand blocked fabrics....


Owner Emmanuel Boichut  of Provence Marketplace shows me the new "wine cellar" cotton  print fabric along with French jacquards and linens from Spain....


Bright colors update jacquards to a more contemporary look....this french one is appropriately named Cezanne.



and the "West Elm" look is still a staple for groupings and bookshelves....lots of sculptural pieces with a "curiosities" mix of shells, obelisks and corals.....

The day ended with the ritual of salted caramel gelato at Paciugo!  I hope you enjoyed the sneak peek and please help me spot other trends for 2010!

11 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Theresa,

Loved the floor matts and giclee's.

Somehow I thought you lived in Dallas...

Just wanted to pop in and say hi...I loved this post!
I have kept busy painting...I am having a blast.

Next time...

Lee

My Castle in Spain said...

Yes i can see linen is still going strong indeed....I love your friend's collection of oil paintings!
Thank you for the tour of the show, Theresa !! :-)
Lala

Gina said...

Dear Theresa, So many things to covet including the gelato. I love the patinated decorative panels. What a great idea! Also, the updated jacquards.

I own one of those original oil paintings from Peru. Purchased it from the artist in Lima. It is very similar to the one pictured on the left. I call it my "Instant Ancestor Painting".

Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful Fourth celebration.

debra @ 5th and state said...

OMG.........i was there but apparently not really, as i did not see anything you did except for the display at registration. and how did i miss the gelato?! oh well my first time, usually go to atlanta.
agree; graphics everywhere
debra
ps; are you able to tell me what showroom/vendor had the vintage screens?

Brillante Interiors said...

Thans for the informative tour. Those Indian prints are beautiful, elegant and rich at the same time.

Privet and Holly said...

So interesting to get a peek at what the trends are or continue to be. The Peruvian paintings are fabulous. It was fun "shoppping" with you through all of these wonderful spaces. And that gelato sounds divine!!! xx Suzanne

Theresa Cheek said...

Debra- The panel was from Peacock Park Designs and the gelato was over on Lovers Lane! (not at market!) Glad to have your comments, your blog is great....I do love using sod in tablesettings!

Ulla said...

Fun post, and wonderful photos. What did you see that really surprised you? That may point to new trends...
Ulla

ceecee said...

The floor mat and the caramel gelato are my favorites. But I must say that if I knew the visit would end with that gelato I would have rushed through with only one goal in mind! Thanks for the peek at the new trends. Hope you had a fun 4th, Theresa.

Catherine

Merisi said...

The Indian purses and the salted caramel gelato - I could not have resisted!

Parisbreakfasts said...

A plethora of choices here, though no choice when it comes to the Gelato...that is a MUST-HAVE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails