Saturday, July 16, 2011

July is for Leos!

source
What do I have in common with Napoleon, Coco Chanel, Madonna, Jackie Kennedy and the Queen Mother? We are all Leos and have our birthdays in July or August.


source
I am in good company with people who put emphasis on interior design....have you ever seen Napoleon's bedroom at Fontainebleau?




Fontainebleau-Napoleon

Or Coco Chanel's Paris apartment?



Coco Chanel's apt



Madonna is not only a trend setter in the entertainment world....


Madonna's house in London showed classic taste in decorating.


We all know what Jackie did with the White House!



Jackie brought in  Dorothy Mae "Sister" Parish to give the White House a historic legacy which featured Zuber's Views of North America wallpaper.



source
When it comes to decorating, who can top the Queen Mother? I think Leo's love to feather their nest and are maybe a bit flamboyant? LOL! I am in good company and hope to continue to provide smart decorating ideas for all the other Leo's  (and Leo's at heart ) out there!

11 comments:

Mark D. Ruffner said...

Happy Birthday, Dear Theresa, Happy Birthday to You! (I might have guessed you were a Leo.)

And now I'll tell you a great story about the painting of Napoleon. When David was finished with the portrait, he presented it to Napoleon, who noticed that the candle was almost completely spent. "Good!," said Napoleon. "You've shown the French people that I work through the night for them!"

Theresa Cheek said...

Great trivia Mark! Thanks, I did not know that.

Lynne Rutter said...

happy birthday Theresa!
I think those grand gilt apartments in the Louvre (in your picture) were built for Napoleon III, who was, actually, a Taurus, like me. ;^)

Theresa Cheek said...

Touche'....it is fixed now. Thanks Lynne.

ceecee said...

Agreed that you Leo's are nest builders (of the most decorative kind). My mother flaps her wings along with you.
And not every girl can say this but...I've been in Napoleon's bedroom. HA!
Happy weekend, Theresa.
Catherine

Karena said...

Theresa, I know great taste and style when I see it! You are the best! Happy Birthday!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Come and join my Giveaway of a very special painting!

Lynne Rutter said...

ah, well napoleon's bed... now who doesn't like a nicely draped tester?

Susan Roux said...

Very interesting! Such lovely interiors. Over the top a bit, but lovely nonetheless...

La Petite Gallery said...

Happy Birthday, from and Aries to a Leo. These were all gorgeous rooms. Loved the photo of Jackie.
Have a great day , go ahead and Eat cake. I give permission, teehee.
Yvonne

home before dark said...

In good company, indeed. Happy birthday month. One day is not enough for a Leo! That bit of harmony and balance of scale brought to you by a Libra!

Euphoria said...

Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails