Sunday, October 11, 2015

Venetian Treasures...


Sometimes, you don't have to travel to Venice to find Venetian treasures!


While digging through a stack of linens at an estate sale, recently I saw a mooring post peering back at me...



 My heart skipped a beat as I dug further....


 Placemats, napkins and a runner! All different Venetian motifs.


The stitchery was exquisite. Motifs include the San Marco horses, mooring posts, ships, wells, and of course gondolas! They were in pristine condition, never used with the "Made in Italy" tags still on each piece.



This is what every collector dreams of...finding that elusive needle in a haystack of "stuff". In  all the years I have traveled to Italy, I have never seen anything like these! Google tells me it is 5,410 miles from my house to Venice, Italy, I found these linens ten miles from my house...who knew? 

4 comments:

Anita Beam said...

Out of all the linens on the table, those caught my attention, too. The color and texture were beautiful.

Mark D. Ruffner said...

Without a doubt, you were meant to have these, and they were just waiting for you!

Theresa Cheek said...

Thank you Mark. I feel the same way!

Merisi said...

Oh, what serendipity, so happy for you!
The linens look exquisite. They will bring you joy for many years to come.

Related Posts with Thumbnails